TV Characters Page Structure
After some thinking, I have come to the conclusion that all TV Character pages need to be structured as follows:
- Infobox; (duh...)
- General details, beginning with the character's name in bold (James R. Holden is the ...);
- Biography section, including:
- Background, a summary of the character's life prior to the beginning of the series (S01, E01);
- Throughout the series, a subsection detailing every season, summarizing the character's actions in that respective season in a few lines (no more than 10-12 PER EPISODE! );
N.B. This section is to be formatted as a tabber, unless the character appears in only one episode, in which case the "Throughout the series" subheader will turn into "Season <number>", where <number> is to be replaced with the number of the season the episode in which the character appears belongs to.
- Personality section, detailing the character's personality;
- Relationships section (optional, but highly recommended), detailing the character's relationships with other characters;
- Trivia section (optional), stating several 'fun facts' about the character;
- Media section (not completely mandatory, but extremely highly recommended), a gallery.
Example of how NOT to begin a character's page:
When we first meet James "Jim" Holden he has been enjoying the relative lack of responsibility that comes with being the 2nd officer on a remote ice hauler. Born on Earth, he left after being kicked out of Earth's Navy and has run to one of the most remote places in the solar system onboard the Canterbury. As events unfold he soon becomes the the captain of the Rocinante. Raised to be moral and responsible, once he has taken on a cause, he feels honor bound to see it through.
Example of how to correctly begin a character's page:
James "Jim" Holden is the captain of the Rocinante. Originating from Earth, he left the planet after being kicked out of Earth's Navy.
Please be as objective as possible when writing a character's page!!!
If you have any questions, please leave them here or on my wall.