The Church of Humanity Ascendant is a religious organization endorsing secular work and humanity's potential for acts of betterment, as well as denying the existence of the supernatural.
The Church sent delegates on the flotilla to the Ring.
|“||...a religion that eschewed supernaturalism in all forms, and whose theology boiled down to Humans can be better than they are, so let’s do that||”|
—Caliban's War Ch. 11
|— Church of Humanity Ascendant|
- They wore loose orange robes
- Humanists reappear in the Babylon's Ashes Epilogue as part of a Humanist Society aboard the Abbey
- This organization does not appear to be mentioned in the TV series as currently available except as a name on the badge of the Mormon that approaches Miller and Havelock during the midroll credits in "Remember the Cant"
- An article on "Times and Seasons" observes that the original broadcast programming featured a missionary that wore an identity badge representing the Church of Humanity Ascendant but the costume more closely resembled Mormon traditional missionaries than the Humanity Ascendant members' orange robes as described in Caliban's War. Screen shots are included in the article.
- Discussion in the books of organized religion have dropped off after book 3
- One contemporary equivalent to the Church of Humanity Ascendant might be the "Atheist Church" in London called "Sunday Assembly".