Bobby, after being recovered from the aftermath of attack by the Protomolecule Hybrid on Ganymede, first recounts her story of the UN soldiers (blues) attacking, claiming Earth started the battle. Later, believing she saw something else but can't quite remember, agrees to go under Psychotropic Focus Recall treatment[cn] with electrodes attached. She then recounts the battle with greater detail. First the UN soldiers were not attacking them but actually fleeing from the 7th person, then she recalls drone over head during the battle recording the event, last she recalls the Protomolecule Hybrid was not in a vac suit at the time.
At Tycho Station, Holden, Naomi, Fred Johnson, Anderson Dawes, and many other factions of the OPA meet to discuss politics. Fred hands over the political leadership position of the OPA to Anderson Dawes. Fred and Holden preach for peace with Earth and Mars, while Dawes takes a more aggressive push towards taking the fight back to Earth and Mars if they are at war, but he agrees with Fred that the stolen interplanetary nukes should be returned, to avoid further conflict.
Amos has a discussion with the Protogen scientist, Cortazar, about how he feels like a monster after scaring a mother and child. Cortazar offers to help Amos go through the same process he did to purge his emotions.
When Anderson Dawes enters the Rocinante to have a chat with Holden, there is a lot of talk about Fred Johnson's implied secret weapon, Cotyar and how his research could be used against Earth and Mars or Naomi's stashed protomolecule sample. At the end, it appears to Holden and Fred Johnson that Anderson Dawes is attempting to take Cotyar in a ship. After being intercepted by Naomi and Alex in the Rocinante, the fleeing ship is actually only manned by Diogo, thus creating a diversion for whatever Dawes has planned.
- Steven Strait as Jim Holden
- Cas Anvar as Alex Kamal
- Dominique Tipper as Naomi Nagata
- Wes Chatham as Amos Burton
- Florence Faivre as Julie Mao
- Frankie Adams as Bobbie Draper
- Shawn Doyle as Sadavir Errinwright
- Shohreh Aghdashloo as Chrisjen Avasarala
Guest Starring Edit
- Chad L. Coleman as Fred Johnson
- Nick E. Tarabay as Cotyar
- Peter Outerbridge as Captain Martens
- Clé Bennett as Commander Thorsen
- Cara Gee as Drummer
- Jared Harris as Anderson Dawes
- Alden Adair as Staz
- Alex Frankson as Armoury Tech
- Andrew Rotilo as Diogo
- Carlos Ginzalez-Vio as Cortazar
- Damien Howard as MCRN Med Tech
- Dylan Brenton as Black Sky OPA Leader
- Ellora Patnaik as Ashantl
- Isaak Bailey as Belter Kid
- Jamie Robinson as Ganymede Station Rep
- Jeff Teravainen as Welsh
- Jonathan Whittaker as Sec-Gen Gillis
- Kevin Claydon as Edin
- Madeline Sims Fewer as Refugee Woman
- Zion Forrest Lee as Inaris Chieftain
- The "Seventh Man" is the Protomolecule Hybrid.
- The video feed captured by the unidentified hovering drone has not been disclosed yet. The footage will most likely be revealed to Bobby by Avasarala.
- Season 2 Episode 7 - The Seventh Man
- Ars Technica - Decrypted: The Expanse: “The truth is never what you expect it to be" by Johnathan M. Gitlin - 3/10/2017, 5:48 AM
"Safe" • "Doors & Corners" • "Static" • "Godspeed" • "Home" • "Paradigm Shift" • "The Seventh Man" • "Pyre" • "The Weeping Somnambulist" • "Cascade" • "Here There Be Dragons" • "The Monster and the Rocket" • "Caliban's War"