Tiamat's Wrath is the eighth novel in The Expanse series. It was originally projected to be released on December 4, 2018, a year after the preceding novel, Persepolis Rising; however, was postponed to March 2019.
Its title and cover were revealed on April 3, 2018.
In the dead systems where gates lead to stranger things than alien planets, Elvi Okoye begins a desperate search to discover the nature of a genocide that happened before the first human beings existed, and to find weapons to fight a war against forces at the edge of the imaginable. But the price of that knowledge may be higher than she can pay.
At the heart of the empire, Teresa Duarte prepares to take on the burden of her father's godlike ambition. The sociopathic scientist Paolo Cortázar and the Mephistophelian prisoner James Holden are only two of the dangers in a palace thick with intrigue, but Teresa has a mind of her own and secrets even her father the emperor doesn't guess.
And throughout the wide human empire, the scattered crew of the Rocinante fights a brave rear-guard action against Duarte's authoritarian regime. Memory of the old order falls away, and a future under Laconia's eternal rule -- and with it, a battle that humanity can only lose - seems more and more certain. Because against the terrors that lie between worlds, courage and ambition will not be enough...
Viewpoint characters Edit
- The title refers to Tiamat, a primordial goddess associated with creating the cosmos from chaos in ancient Babylonian mythology. The entity has been described as a serpent or dragon. According to the myth recorded on ancient cuneiform tablets, the deity Enki captured and killed Tiamat's partner, Abzû. As a display of her wrath, Tiamat created eleven monsters of her own offspring to wage war against the deities and avenge her mate's death.
See also Edit
- Leviathan Wakes - novel
- Caliban's War - novel
- Abaddon's Gate - novel
- Cibola Burn - novel
- Nemesis Games - novel
- Babylon's Ashes - novel
- Persepolis Rising - novel
- The Churn - novella
- The Vital Abyss - novella
- "The Butcher of Anderson Station" - short story
- "Gods of Risk" - short story
- "Drive" - online short story
- Strange Dogs - novella
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://redd.it/9ap0b9
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Original Scheduled Release: December 4, 2018 Authoritative Reference TBD
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/981269809986850817
- ↑ Tiamat's Wrath on Amazon